Diet And Exercise After Weight Loss Surgery Indore
After weight loss surgery you will be started on clear fluids only (water, black tea, broth, juices). These will need to be sipped slowly in small amounts. An X-ray study is performed after the operation to check the size of the stomach pouch and to exclude any leaks from the new connection. You will then be able to have free fluids for the rest of your hospital stay. During the next 4 to 6 weeks, while your body heals, you will gradually increase the texture and volume of the food you take. Further information will be provided at your appointment with the dietician.
Exercise is highly recommended to maintain the weight loss, post-operatively. Following are tips for your exercise regimen:
- Gradually and progressively start your exercise program.
- Walking is the best means of exercising. You can increase the distance and time you walk, as you feel comfortable.
- Swimming and aerobics can also help you stay fit.
- Strength training should be avoided for the first three months. When you are advised to start strength training exercises, be sure to learn the correct form and warm up before the workout.
- Keep yourself active throughout the day.
- Exercise 30 min a day (it can be 3 times of 10 min each).
- Wear appropriate shoes and clothing while exercising.
- Vary your workouts to avoid monotony.